That’s right friends, you read that title correctly! It’s official! We are so blessed and excited to announce the launch of our new online rental store!These past few weeks have been filled to the brim with changes, but this one is by far one of the most exciting. With our new showroom ready to bring your design dreams to life, we are thrilled to now have our online store ready to assist with the process.
If you’ve peeked around our website lately, you have probably already noticed some of the changes with the launch of our online rental store, but of course, we wanted to take the time to fully explain the process in this format as well. Below, we have outlined the entire rental process to further bring you ease and joy when selecting your favorite pieces to jazz up and customize your special event. Get your mouse ready – you may want to bookmark this page!
Our online store can be found directly within our website and is accessible on laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. The store currently features our entire pre-existing in-house inventory – an eclectic mix of unique and vintage prop rentals that we have collected over time. From small assortments of glassware and tablescape décor to vintage furniture and architectural props, our one of a kind pieces are always sourced with love and are carefully selected with you and your guest’s comfort in mind.
As many of you know, our in-house inventory is constantly growing, as we continue to seek the most beloved and unique pieces from around New England. Just ask my staff – they may tell you I’m just a littttle crazy for the amount of antique hunting I do! With this in mind however, it is important to remember that our store will be constantly growing as well. While exploring the store, keep in mind that our newest items will always be listed first – so essentially, you’ll be surprised with new items every time you come back!
Because our inventory is quite extensive, we have created helpful categories to assist you with finding exactly what you’re looking for within the store. On the left-hand side of the webpage, you will find our in-house inventory divided in eight categories: signage, comfort + play, linens, serviceware, custom ceremony arches, rugs, decorative, and (my favorite!) furniture. Below this list is a ninth category as well, entitled items FOR SALE. This category will give you the perfect glimpse of the assortment of items we are selling – make sure to take advantage of this before others do!
Further assisting you with finding the perfect item for your special event, our search engine provides the opportunity to use keywords to search for a specific piece. For example, simply searching the word ‘white’ yields a large assortment of items, ranging from beautiful white milk glass to these custom leather couches. Images will appear below the search engine for items that fit within your specific search.
After exploring the many items within the store (while simultaneously dreaming of your customized wedding or special event in the process) there will be three easy steps for you to follow in order to officially place your order.
STEP 1: Upon filling your cart with beautiful pieces to customize your event, please ensure you have double checked the quantities requested for each item. Your cart will once again provide you with further details such as dimensions and price of each piece, as well as the subtotal listed below. After ensuring your order is correct, please take the time to provide us with your event details found on the left hand side of the page. An example is shown below! As an additional note, is it extremely important for all Clients to understand that your custom order will serve as the primary wish list for pieces you wish to rent. Please know that your initial order will not be guaranteed until you receive a confirmation email directly from our staff.
STEP 2: Time to checkout! Though the system will prompt you to provide a shipping address, please enter your billing address if you wish to pick up rental items, or the delivery address if you prefer delivery. You will then be prompted to confirm your delivery option (i.e. delivery + removal or a store pickup from our showroom) – further information regarding these two options can be found below.
STEP 3: AKA the best part – submitting your order! As noted prior, your order will serve as your primary wish list. Once you submit your wish list to us, we will then check our inventory and create a custom invoice for you based upon your preference of delivery and removal, set up and styling services, or pick up and return. A 50% non-refundable deposit and signed contract are required to reserve your order. We will contact you within 2-business days of receiving your request to confirm availability, answer questions and provide a custom estimate for your rental. If you would like us to consider custom pieces for your event, please do not hesitate to inquire about special sourcing for a particular piece. We also provide personal shopping services for that hard to find item. Simply email us to determine the best way we can find you the perfect treasure.
Getting excited to try this yourself?! We simply cannot wait to see all of your custom orders and beautiful crafted design work in the pieces you select for your special event or photo shoot. We’re not finished just yet however, there’s still more to learn! Because it’s a little too easy to overlook our store policies and procedures found at the bottom of the webpage within store checkout, we have further outlined all of this helpful information for you below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Upon receiving your official contract from our staff, a 50% non-refundable deposit is due to hold your order.
- AFA Rentals are expected to be returned in the same condition they were received. Customers are responsible for any property that is lost or damaged during the rental period. Some damage will be repairable and will be charged a fee directly correlating to the cost to repair the item. Charges associated with repairs or replacement will be invoiced to the person or organization on the rental contract. Some props are not permitted for outdoor use during inclement weather. Arrangements must be made to move props indoors or be aware that you may need to cancel your order at the last minute in the case of inclement weather. Refunds are not provided due to weather.
- The remaining 50% of your deposit is due 14 days prior to your delivery date. All pick up orders are subject to a $25 handling fee. Orders totaling $100.00 or less require full payment at the time of reservation. A Family Affair can accept payment via Paypal, WePay, check or money order. A credit card must be kept on file upon reservation.
- Rental items for pick up must be scheduled in advance, and picked up at our showroom location at 5 Main Street, Suite 1, Gray, Maine unless otherwise discussed. Proper accommodations should be made to safely transport your rental items. It is the sole discretion of A Family Affair to withhold rental items if the transportation does not seem secure or if there is a high risk of damage.
- Items for delivery must also be scheduled in advance, and will be confirmed one week prior. Delivery will occur 1-2 days prior to the event and pick up will be 1-2 days following the event. A $500 minimum is required for delivery service.
- If your order qualifies for delivery service, you have two options to choose from, depending on your specific event needs:
1) White Glove Service – Don’t have time, personnel or resources to set up your event rentals yourself? Leave it to our highly qualified and efficient team to bring in your event rentals, set them up according to a pre-determined floor plan, and make sure everything is looking good-to-go for your event prior to their departure!Please note, specific instructions for set up and a predetermined floor plan must be provided to AFA team prior to on site arrival.2) Standard Delivery – Not sure how you want things set up yet? Want to do it yourself when you get to the venue and see what items looks best where? Then this is the package for you. If you select standard delivery our qualified team will deliver your items your venue and the rest of the set-up is up to you. We will simply leave the items for you to get creative.Please note, many of our items are antique and speciality items and should be handled with care by your friends and family when moving them around yourselves.
- Cancellation of event after signed contract will result in forfeiture of all deposits rendered.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of delivery will be charged the full rental and delivery fees.
Okay friends, NOW it looks like you’re ready to go! Before heading over to do some online shopping yourself, enjoy this peek inside our showroom to see where all the fabulous beauty is stored! Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you have questions regarding the online store or if you would like to set up an appointment to view our inventory in person at our showroom. We look forward to seeing those custom wish lists very soon! XOXO